Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wardrobe Wednesday - Button ups


Wardrobe Wednesday is an opportunity to show off what you've been wearing.  This is a stopping point for those juggling the balls of everyday life and wanting to look our best, looking for inspiration, and living real lives on a budget.  Wardrobe Wednesday is a celebration once a week of what we wore and who we are... individuals; young/old, in summer/winter, skinny/fat/tall/short and/or warts and all!

After helping out my friend from yesterday's Mint Jeans post, I got to have a peak inside her wardrobe and found loads of button-up shirts pushed to the back.  Now she's a mum of two and not an office worker, those tops are completely unloved.  I've recently bought a number of new button-up shirts/blouses myself, including this B/W Glassons gingham shirt, and thought it was time to spotlight some of the ways to wear these for all sorts of occasions.






This week's Wardrobe Wednesday feature, the lady to inspire me and you is our previous WW host - Miriam from Create, Hope, Inspire.  She has just completed a month of homemade outfits (do check out her creativity) - not only one very talented lady, but she has a wonderful colourful, warm, joyous spirit to match.


Now it's your turn to show us what you got!  Here's how to play:
  1. Please be a follower of the blog; there are lots of ways, Facebook, Bloglovin, GFC (see button on the side) and Email.
  2. Please link back to a specific blog post not just the URL of your blog.
  3. Please add a link back here in the text of your post.
  4. Be encouraging and visit people - leave a comment now and again too; everyone loves to get encouragement.
Linking us up today with Style Sessions (Style Elixir), Whatever Whenever (Rolledup Pretty), Thrifters Anonymous and WWIW (The Pleated Poppy).

[I send out email reminders for this link up with advance notice about the next day's theme.  Would you like a reminder on Tuesday Night?  Leave a comment below or drop me a line with your email address at kelly (dot) mcluckie(at) gmail(dot) com.]

18 comments:

  1. Love the different ways you styled your button up! Loving the button up with a maxi dress and belt!

    xo
    Caroline

    lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline - this was my favourite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh got rid of all my button ups i think... Only because they were not warm in winter and i looked like an old lady in them.... Might buy one and put marino under it.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Debbie. I've seen some people even wearing two buttons ups at a time! Or how about vest/jumper over with jacket on top of that? Love winter layering!

      Delete
  4. I love button downs and gingham especially yours where the prints are small!I´m still on a hunt for the perfect gingham button down.BTW, love the styling that you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck. I'm happy with the print but wish it was a little bit longer.

      Delete
  5. Great looks!

    Come link up with me at Watcha Wearing Wednesday! I'm giving away a $100 gift card too! http://www.themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that first look!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A button up can be so versatile! I love you styled yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely bookmarking this post so I'll remember all the ways I can wear my button-ups. I only own a couple because I've always thought they weren't really my style, but I get a LOT of use out of one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the outfits with the hat, and with the maxi skirt/dress!

    I don't actually own too many button-ups myself. I went pretty much straight from uni to working from home, and when I did work at an office during uni it was very casual dress code. When I have to dress up more for client meetings nowadays, I tend more toward a silk blouse and blazer rather than a button up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are surprisingly versatile for casual wear too :)

      Delete
  10. Great looks on both ladies! Really love the dress :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pairing it with a belt and maxi is such a great look - very flattering!!
    www.the-lifestyle-project.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think my favorite one is the one layered under the sweater. It's the perfect slight preppy look but still super cute and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tehe - I would have guessed that was your fav :)

      Delete
  13. love the range of styles with the same top, but the sequin skirt is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...